National E-Government 2019 Conference & Expo is organized in the context that our government has been trying to promote activities in investment, construction and reform for bettering national public services portal and single window system within the period of 2019-2020. Those activities have contributed to the development of economy, enhancing competitiveness, labor productivity and increasing e-government development indexes of Vietnam.
Conference is hosted and directly ran by leadership of Vietnam Government Office, Ministry of Information and Communications and Thua Thien – Hue Provincial People’s Committee. The first time of being held in Hue, the Conference is expected to be one of the most highlights in the series of ICT activities in the Central Region – Highlands 2019. There will have expectedly more than 500 delegates who are leadership of Central Region – Highlands, leadership of provincial IT development departments, local and international IT specialists, e-Gov and digital transformation consultants.
Associated with the Conference program are the series of other typical activities such as The opening ceremony of the Center for Monitoring and Managing the Smart City of Hue City; The program of exchange, meeting and promoting IT investment organized by Thua Thien Hue Provincial People's Committee and the program of meeting CIO club in the Central Region – Highlands, Situation awareness exercise against information safety and security attacks to public service portals, …
- Roadmap and challenges of developing national public services portal.
- E-government architecture framework & standard connecting system for national public service portal & single window system implementation.
- Experience in developing national public services portal from Singapore.
- Typical smart city integrated e-government model for better operational quality for citizens & corporates.
- Optimal solutions to e-Government infrastructure system and national public services portal.
- E-Government approach and development in Vietnam – Notices and recommendations on effective measuring scales & operating assessment.
- Orienting digital transformation towards the development of e-Government in the period of 2020 – 2025.
- Challenges of digital transformation in integrated administrative system, providing information from central organizations to localities.
- Experience in integrating cashless payment into national public service portal operation.
- IT infrastructure reformation in ministries and localities for the development of the national public service portal.
- Administrative procedures on electronic platform - Models and recommendations.
- Resolving the regulatory and legal issues in localities for administrative procedure interoperability and online public services.
- Experience in administrative procedure reform in financial activities.
- Connecting administrative procedures online – Current status and Recommendations.